Skopelos Roman Baths
The Roman Baths had been built on the southeast of Glossa at the location of "Katakalou". The current name of the settlement of Loutraki testifies the importance of the baths in the social life of the area. Not only constituted a place of personal hygiene but also a place to exchange views, meditate, walk, exercise and as a matter or fact the Roman baths played the most important role in the city's social life. In 1865 in the area, the marble statue of the goddess Athena was found, a true copy of the Athena Parthenos by the master sculptor Pheidias, which is now at the National Archaeological Museum of Athens. Today, only the mosaic floor of the baths has been saved, half of which is in the sea.